GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Hello from Belgium

Go down 
+5
eighteight
lcjohnny
Pete Roper
beetle
Lansa
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Lansa
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Lansa

Hello from Belgium Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Belgium   Hello from Belgium Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:01 am

Heya folks!

My name is Jordy and i bought this lovely Yellow GRiSO 1100.

I previously had a Yamaha FJR1300, which was a great bike...But way too heavy and big for daily use.

So i wanted something smaller and more fun than a refined japanese bike, i accidentally stumbled upon a picture of the GRiSO
and i fell in love!

Took a while before i could find one, not many are for sale. The prices are usually fairly high, till this yellow popped up.

2006 with 37000km's for 5K.

Had to grab it!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I decided to join the forum because i want to learn a few things, such as how to program new keys and find official accessories.

Oz1200Guzzi, Bill Hagan, lcjohnny and Svartipants like this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Hello from Belgium Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Belgium   Hello from Belgium Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:27 am

Welcome! I like that colour.

cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Hello from Belgium Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Belgium   Hello from Belgium Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:02 am

Do you know the user code for the bike or do you have two working 'Factory' keys? If so training new keys is easy. If you only have one key and no idea of the code you have a problem.

You need to do the shock linkage and swingarm bearings ASAP.

Other than that? Well done. Yellow is the best colour for 1100's, (And at least one 1200! Twisted Evil )

Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

Hello from Belgium Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Belgium   Hello from Belgium Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:14 am

Very nice bike Jordy

Welcome
Back to top Go down
eighteight
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
eighteight

Hello from Belgium Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Belgium   Hello from Belgium Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:42 am

Welcome Sir
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

Hello from Belgium Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Belgium   Hello from Belgium Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:20 am

Hi Jordy,
The bike looks like it was loved. Welcome.
I visited Antwerp with my wife and daughter #1 a few years ago. We had a great time in that beautiful city. You will find lots of great help here. Pete Roper even has some great video’s on YouTube.

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

Hello from Belgium Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Belgium   Hello from Belgium Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:41 am

Welcome Jordy, great choice, enjoy.....not sure it's a lot smaller & lighter than an FJR1300, but Guzzis wear their weight lower so always feel lighter than they are...

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
Lansa
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Lansa

Hello from Belgium Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Belgium   Hello from Belgium Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:01 am

paulbrice wrote:
Do you know the user code for the bike or do you have two working 'Factory' keys? If so training new keys is easy. If you only have one key and no idea of the code you have a problem.

Sadly i only have one key and i have no idea what the user code is. Previous owner was the 2nd owner and received only one key 10 years ago.

I was hoping a dealer could simply program a new key for me, as i prefer to have a spare.

I should grease up all the bearrings, yes! It's allot easier looking than on the FJR, that was a pig of a job!

JohnA wrote:
I visited Antwerp with my wife and daughter #1 a few years ago. We had a great time in that beautiful city. You will find lots of great help here. Pete Roper even has some great video’s on YouTube.
 Thank you! I always enjoy forums over facebook groups, can't beat the archival features of it!

paulbrice wrote:
not sure it's a lot smaller & lighter than an FJR1300

About 80kg's / 180lbs lighter than my 1st gen FJR1300A. But that bike has extreme top weight, which made it horrendous to push down my unpaved driveway.

The GRiSO feels super nimble to push around! haha.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Hello from Belgium Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Belgium   Hello from Belgium Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:21 am

In that case you are out of luck. You won't be able to program more factory keys without knowing the user code.

What you can do is have your one key cloned by a locksmith using a Silca blank. This will work to start the bike but won't allow you to either re-code the dashboard or start the bike in the event the key isn't recognised, (If the ignition lock has been forced or the antenna is damaged and non functioning.

You can try to guess the code. Try the last five numerals of the VIN# or the service code 12425. If that doesn't work maybe something simple? 11111? 12345? Etc.
Back to top Go down
Lansa
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Lansa

Hello from Belgium Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Belgium   Hello from Belgium Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:25 am

Oh dang, that's bad news!

Could a dealer program one instead tho?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Hello from Belgium Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Belgium   Hello from Belgium Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:46 am

Nope.
Back to top Go down
Lansa
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Lansa

Hello from Belgium Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Belgium   Hello from Belgium Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:13 am

Well i tried my luck today, and it seems it's my lucky day!

Tried all sorts of combo's, even the last numbers of my vin.

Finally ended up being 12345, thank god for simple mechanics!

Bill Hagan and lcjohnny like this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Hello from Belgium Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Belgium   Hello from Belgium Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:39 am

OK, now you're laughing. cheers

Buy a new factory key and get it cut and then use the 'Change the key' function to train it. I think I covered this in one of my videos on the dashboard which I believe are linked into the tech section.

You can also, if you choose to,change the code to something more secure. Just don't forget what it is.
Back to top Go down
Lansa
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Lansa

Hello from Belgium Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Belgium   Hello from Belgium Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:42 am

Thank you kindly for your extensive assistance!

I changed it to the last digits of my VIN. And wrote it down on the service history log.
So that if I ever sell it, the new owner won't go trough the same scare.

I'll check that video out!

beetle and Bill Hagan like this post

Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

Hello from Belgium Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Belgium   Hello from Belgium Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:03 pm

Welcome to the Ghetto, Jordy! Nice yellow GRiSO!

Pete (Street)

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

“Danger + Survival = Fun.” - Neil Peart

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

Hello from Belgium Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Belgium   Hello from Belgium Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:39 am

Congratulations with your new bike. That is a really beautiful yellow!!

Nice to read your success with finding the user code!  Very Happy

(many decades ago, I went to highschool in 's Gravenvoeren, Begium, as it was the closest school to where we lived (in the Netherlands, literally next to the border with Belgium).  Have fond memories.
Back to top Go down
Lansa
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Lansa

Hello from Belgium Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Belgium   Hello from Belgium Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:03 am

Thank you! You're natively Dutch speaking then? Smile
Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

Hello from Belgium Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Belgium   Hello from Belgium Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:42 am

Lansa wrote:
Thank you!   You're natively Dutch speaking then? Smile

Jazeker! cheers

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello from Belgium Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Belgium   Hello from Belgium Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Hello from Belgium
Page 1 of 1