GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Oil temp gauge dipstick?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mark111
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
mark111

Oil temp gauge dipstick? Empty
PostSubject: Oil temp gauge dipstick?   Oil temp gauge dipstick? Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:11 am

Any one know of an oil temperature gauge dipstick for the 8 valve engine?
Seen plenty advertised for the big block 4 valves buy none for 8 valve models.
Alternatively does any one know if the 4 and 8 valve engines use the same dipstick?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Oil temp gauge dipstick?   Oil temp gauge dipstick? Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:21 am

Yup, I'm running one. Any CARC bike except the Bellagio uses the same stick. While there are lots of different offerings I bought mine from MG Cycles and its a G&G item I think and I * Believe* manufactured in Germany. Truth of the matter though is that a thermometer isn't the most sophisticated bit of kit in the world and a Chinese knock-off is probably just as good. The reason I use MG Cycle rather than G&G direct is simply that I like Rick and Gordon and I don't have to screw about with a foreign language.

I prefer to use a stick to gauge temperature simply because of where it takes the reading, right in the middle of the sump next to the pick-up which is probably a lot more relevant than a reading taken in the sump wall which at times will be cooled by water and will always be conductive lay cooled by air flow.

Pete
Back to top Go down
mark111
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
mark111

PostSubject: Re: Oil temp gauge dipstick?   Oil temp gauge dipstick? Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:29 pm

Thanks Pete I will check that out.
Like you I was going to play with the inlet on my oil cooler to restirct air flow and hopefully increase operating temps in cold weather but I want something to measure if I am actually making a difference.
Back to top Go down
DangWangi
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
DangWangi

PostSubject: Re: Oil temp gauge dipstick?   Oil temp gauge dipstick? Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:37 pm

I just got my GRiSO last weekend and have read a lot from people about bringing the engine up to "temp" to avoid the mayo syndrome but was wondering....what exactly is "up to temp" and how would one know exactly without having a temperature gauge? Sorry if this is a newbie question, but from what I hear the engine likes to get hot n bothered.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Oil temp gauge dipstick?   Oil temp gauge dipstick? Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:40 pm

When I get around to it, I'm buying a Stelvio dipstick for the GRiSO. Pop out, pop in and a traditional blade dipstick. Much easier to use and read.

Stelvio dipstick from AF1

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Oil temp gauge dipstick?   Oil temp gauge dipstick? Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:44 pm

Steve, gimme your address and I'll send you one for nix. I have one off the Stelvio wreck we canibalised the engine out of for Ralf's bike.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Oil temp gauge dipstick?   Oil temp gauge dipstick? Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:46 pm

Sweet Pete, I'll happily Paypal you for postage. Thanks!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oil temp gauge dipstick?   Oil temp gauge dipstick? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Oil temp gauge dipstick?
Page 1 of 1