GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Which Shock??

Go down 
+2
usedtobefast
MotoJezek
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MotoJezek
Carlotto
Carlotto
MotoJezek

Which Shock?? Empty
PostSubject: Which Shock??   Which Shock?? Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:00 am

Looking to get a Stelvio length shock for my GRiSO. I'm not spending $US 1k plus on a shock so I'm looking at more budget friendly options that don't involve an OEM Sachs Stelvio shock, since its not saving much money to buy one and have it refreshed vs. buying new.

GTM currently has a few on sale, 2 varieties of Shock Factory produced and a Mupo. I think @600 is the most I'd want to spend.
Another poster had a positive review of the more expensive GTM Shock Factory unit.

Mupo-
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

GTM M-shock (Shock Factory)

How important is the independent compression adjuster on the GTM?

Is there another choice I haven't found around the same cost?

Thanks, in advance!
Back to top Go down
usedtobefast
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
usedtobefast

Which Shock?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Shock??   Which Shock?? Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:20 am

I was tempted by a TFX shock, like this on: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

But those end up around $900 or so in the US. But, hi & low speed compression and rebound adjustments.

I always get caught up in the "but for a little bit more ..." thing with shocks ... and next thing you know you are looking at a $1800 shock! But those TFX shocks look like an excellent price/performance choice.

I've never ridden one, but they make shocks for BMW GSs and a well known/respected suspension shop near me has sold a bunch of them and have super happy customers. (Ted Porter's beemer shop: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] , he could get it for you and is a super knowledgeable guy that gives great customer support)

My thinking on having all the clickers ... if you have to get a revalve to make you happy with your $600 shock, how much is that? About $300-$400. And then you don't have a fully adjustable shock and you are still out $900-$1000.

Getting a fully adjustable shock is not a 100% guarantee that you can clicky-clicky to get to shear perfection, but it is a better chance than not having adjustability.

Hopefully someone can chime in on those GTM shocks.

MotoJezek likes this post

Back to top Go down
motor-timothy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
motor-timothy

Which Shock?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Shock??   Which Shock?? Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:28 am

Hyperpro is 600€ for a full set. They don't have a set for the GRiSO  so you need to contact them, but I know its possible as several Dutch GRiSO riders have had their suspension replaced by hyperpro

Edit: you can also replace only the springs front and rear for progressive hyperpro ones in which case it'll only be 150€ or so

Last edited by motor-timothy on Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MotoJezek
Carlotto
Carlotto
MotoJezek

Which Shock?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Shock??   Which Shock?? Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:28 am

I'm curious as to where a shock reservoir like that would be mounted on a GRiSO? I'm also going to avoid the "few dollars" more. I'm not putting many miles on it, but with the roads around here and my desire for a tiny bit more cornering clearance with the lowered pegs I have, I'll spend "some" but not "alot".
Back to top Go down
Gootzibird13
Biondino
Biondino
Gootzibird13

Which Shock?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Shock??   Which Shock?? Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:02 am

I purchased the Shock Factory Coil over oil Comp and Rebound Shock and it was a great purchase. 20,000 miles and just a bit softer compression damping adjustment and done for me. Built to my weight and riding style from factory. Price is tits. No fading or chipping on shock body or spring either.

Back to top Go down
MotoJezek
Carlotto
Carlotto
MotoJezek

Which Shock?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Shock??   Which Shock?? Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:51 am

Gootzibird13 wrote:
I purchased the Shock Factory Coil over oil Comp and Rebound Shock and it was a great purchase. 20,000 miles and just a bit softer compression damping adjustment and done for me. Built to my weight and riding style from factory. Price is tits. No fading or chipping on shock body or spring either.

Did you get a Stelvio length shock or stock GRiSO?
Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

Which Shock?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Shock??   Which Shock?? Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:26 am

Shock Factory price is $479 shipped from France to US. Skip the middleman.

Back to top Go down
MotoJezek
Carlotto
Carlotto
MotoJezek

Which Shock?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Shock??   Which Shock?? Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:12 am

LBC Tenni wrote:
Shock Factory price is $479 shipped from France to US. Skip the middleman.

Doesn't look like they have the Mono 2 option listed for the GRiSO or Stelvio.
Back to top Go down
Gootzibird13
Biondino
Biondino
Gootzibird13

Which Shock?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Shock??   Which Shock?? Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:39 am

MotoJezek wrote:
Gootzibird13 wrote:

Did you get a Stelvio length shock or stock GRiSO?
I got the Stelvio length. Longer for my GRiSO.
Back to top Go down
Gootzibird13
Biondino
Biondino
Gootzibird13

Which Shock?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Shock??   Which Shock?? Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:51 am

It's there they offer 3 models. Top left on site.
Back to top Go down
MotoJezek
Carlotto
Carlotto
MotoJezek

Which Shock?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Shock??   Which Shock?? Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:13 am

Gootzibird13 wrote:
It's there they offer 3 models. Top left on site.

..but when I select by model, it's not available as an option.
Back to top Go down
Gootzibird13
Biondino
Biondino
Gootzibird13

Which Shock?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Shock??   Which Shock?? Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:58 am

I ordered mine through GTM. I was sceptical cause most all the stuff is expensive otherwise. But order came through exactly how I wanted it. Count on 6 week delivery but happy I didn't drop coin on Matris or Ohlins cash cow bleedings....Just very happy with this particular offering. It's actually offered as GRiSO longer version vs Stelvio version.....Be aware the owner does not move on pricing......take that as you may.

Back to top Go down
MotoJezek
Carlotto
Carlotto
MotoJezek

Which Shock?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Shock??   Which Shock?? Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:56 am

OK, I ordered the Mono 2 from GTM. Hope it doesn't suck!

groundhog105 likes this post

Back to top Go down
groundhog105
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
groundhog105

Which Shock?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Shock??   Which Shock?? Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:08 pm

I ordered the mono 2 shock from GT and mounted it almost a year ago and about 7000 miles. In my experience this a great quality shock at a great price. It took several thousand miles for the shock to completely break in if that’s the right wording. It was stiff at first and as I rode more miles it continued to perform better and better. It is worlds better than the stock shock.
Back to top Go down
MotoJezek
Carlotto
Carlotto
MotoJezek

Which Shock?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Shock??   Which Shock?? Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:27 am

I got a reply that they didn't recommend that shock length (Stelvio length). I have seen -zero- negative feedback from those that made the switch to the longer shock length.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Which Shock?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Shock??   Which Shock?? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Which Shock??
Page 1 of 1