GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Intro - and Hi.

Go down 
+7
Bill Hagan
paulbrice
beetle
GUZ21
Oz1200Guzzi
MrBob
Lobo
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Lobo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Lobo

Intro - and Hi. Empty
PostSubject: Intro - and Hi.   Intro - and Hi. Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:51 pm

Hi all, my first post on this GRiSO forum; and likely one of many as I (try to) get to grips with this Italian machine. Never knew I ‘needed’ a GRiSO (as fundamentally a 1970s SOHC Honda man) until I walked down Elizabeth St in Melbourne (a few years back) and saw a Tenni Green 1200SE in the window of the Guzzi dealer. HAD to have one, and on returning to the UK made good on that.
Since that time I’ve since retired & returned to Oz, and bought the GRiSO out with me. She’s low miles.... 5000ks or so, and in need of the B kit rollerisation. Have been in touch with Pete Roper who’s kindly given me a heads-up on it all, and so that’s where it stands right now as I await the various parts.... including a Windows laptop (ugh) for the re-mapping.
As mentioned, I’m generally ‘stuck’ in the 70’s with a CB750K2, CB400F, SS50 moped and Yamaha FS1-E, oh.... and a Split screen Kombi.
Anyhows, please bear with me as & when I come up with the inevitable dumb questions - I’ll of course do my best to search first rather than unnecessarily burden you all with repetition.
Cheers,
Simon [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

bioman, Bill Hagan and Erivera like this post

Back to top Go down
Lobo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Lobo

Intro - and Hi. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intro - and Hi.   Intro - and Hi. Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:56 pm

.... and already I’m having finger trouble uploading pics. Doh... and forgive me.
Back to top Go down
MrBob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
MrBob

Intro - and Hi. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intro - and Hi.   Intro - and Hi. Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:15 am

Always room for another 'Tenni' down under!
Welcome Lobo.
The 70's are a bit vague to me for some reason.

Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

Intro - and Hi. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intro - and Hi.   Intro - and Hi. Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:32 am

Something you ate Mr Bob? How'd you go with the wind gusts and cold concrete today?

Lobo, welcome - we're not all that mad, many of us are much, much madder still. Ha ha ha ha ha....

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
GUZ21
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
GUZ21

Intro - and Hi. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intro - and Hi.   Intro - and Hi. Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:03 am

I had a split screen Kombi back in the early 70's too IIRC. Blew it up on the Cooktown road. Hanging around with Mr Bob did make things a bit vague then. Anyway, I admire a man with 2 green Grisos. Did you try that trick with switching the same number plates between bikes when you came back to Oz?

Anyone for Tennis?

Oh, and welcome.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Intro - and Hi. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intro - and Hi.   Intro - and Hi. Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:25 am

Welcome!

Is the "ugh" for having to use a computer on your GRiSO with these new-fangled electronic gizmos, or the fact it's Windows?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

Intro - and Hi. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intro - and Hi.   Intro - and Hi. Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:11 am

Welcome Simon & nice colour choice !.....it's still on UK DVLA website with MOT ran out in May 2017 Wink
Back to top Go down
Lobo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Lobo

Intro - and Hi. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intro - and Hi.   Intro - and Hi. Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:46 am

Thanks gents for the kind welcomes... this indeed seems a very friendly and helpful site. Yea beetle, correct on both accounts; whilst modern technology & engineering blows me away; it all comes crashing down when something goes wrong. Last month we had to take the missus’s elect car back to the dealer (3 hrs round trip) coz the sunroof wouldn’t close. It needed an ‘initialisation’ - which only the dealer can do. REALLY? Ho hum.
Paul - UK DVLA always confused the hell outta me; sheesh, I defo dotted all the i’s and crossed the t’s getting the vehicles out here and Roadworthied etc- so I’m at a loss how it’s still on the UK register.
Anyhow, the GRiSO is a joy, and absolute head-turner; it’s impossible to take it out without someone ambling over to have a closer gander / want to ask questions.
But... you all know that.
Cheers,
Simon

Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

Intro - and Hi. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intro - and Hi.   Intro - and Hi. Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:38 am

MrBob wrote:
Always room for another 'Tenni' down under!
Welcome Lobo.
The 70's are a bit vague to me for some reason.

For me, the "bit vague" was more in the late '60's, but not from anything I ate or smoked. Wink

In my case, I was way more focused on young women and was thus desperately trying to change my status as a noncombatant in the sexual revolution. I found, however, that enlisting as a soldier in that cause was way harder than getting drafted as one at the time. Sigh. Sad

Wait a minute ... this is no time for reverie, so welcome, Lobo! I have a thing for redheads and red motos, but the Tenni is mighty easy on the eyes.

Bill

P.S. WRT to "controlled substances" -- at least controlled at the time -- I have handled more than a ton of marijuana and much stronger stuff, but that was in the '70's and I was a prosecutor by then. I sometimes wonder if I was one of the few of my generation who did not even sample those wares.

Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

Intro - and Hi. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intro - and Hi.   Intro - and Hi. Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:48 pm

Welcome to the Ghetto, Simon! love those Tenni's!

Pete (Street)

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

“When I'm riding my motorcycle, I'm glad to be alive.
When I stop riding my motorcycle, I'm glad to be alive.” - Neil Peart

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

Intro - and Hi. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intro - and Hi.   Intro - and Hi. Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:50 pm

Bill Hagan wrote:

P.S. WRT to "controlled substances" -- at least controlled at the time -- I have handled more than a ton of marijuana and much stronger stuff, but that was in the '70's and I was a prosecutor by then.  I sometimes wonder if I was one of the few of my generation who did not even sample those wares.

Never too late to try it Bill!

Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

Intro - and Hi. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intro - and Hi.   Intro - and Hi. Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:18 pm

welcome Simon... nice lighting in that pic.

the windows thing.... stick with your Mac. they work a treat 👍🏼

Back to top Go down
Lobo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Lobo

Intro - and Hi. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intro - and Hi.   Intro - and Hi. Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:50 am

...ah thanks for that info bahamazoo; alas though I’ve only an Apple Desktop / iPad... so I guess I’m stuffed?

Cannot take credit for the photo, rather I just point the iPhone and shoot. Bloody amazing thing. My other fav photo, and well out of order on this Guzzi forum (apologies all) is my CB400 up some UK country lane. Happy days...[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
BowraBoy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
BowraBoy

Intro - and Hi. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intro - and Hi.   Intro - and Hi. Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:35 pm

Welcome aboard mate. Yes Grisos are certainly not your run-of-the-mill bikes. Back in the day I owned a K2 Honda 750 four. I thought it handled fine until I bought my Le Mans Mark 2.
Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

Intro - and Hi. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intro - and Hi.   Intro - and Hi. Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:38 am

Welcome to the Ghetto, Simon!! Boy, those Tenni's are real eye-candy. Love them.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Intro - and Hi. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intro - and Hi.   Intro - and Hi. Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Intro - and Hi.
Page 1 of 1