GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Who knows this guy?

Go down 
+4
Steak
beetle
Pete Roper
Oz1200Guzzi
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

Who knows this guy? Empty
PostSubject: Who knows this guy?   Who knows this guy? Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:06 pm

GRiSO Guy
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Who knows this guy?   Who knows this guy? Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:30 pm

Fuck nose who does his servicing but he's getting gouged. $900 for the 20,000 was it? Bugger me drunk!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Who knows this guy?   Who knows this guy? Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:21 pm

$800 for the 20K service, and $600 for the 10K.

Those prices surely include Ukrainian hookers and a few lines of blow. That, or you’re grossly undercharging, Pete.

Suspect

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Who knows this guy?   Who knows this guy? Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:45 pm

Somewhere in Shitney, but his "own" mechanic. So perhaps not "authorised" or even qualified. Looks to be up in the north west of Shitney so maybe one of the now extinct dealers up Richmond way?
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Who knows this guy?   Who knows this guy? Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:12 pm

Doesn't ride on my side of the road.

But any GRiSO Guy is joyfully welcome here!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Who knows this guy?   Who knows this guy? Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:26 pm

We charge 3.5 hrs for a standard 10k service @$115PH.

Engine oil $70

Gear and CARC about $18.50

Brake fluid $20 (We do brakes and clutch every time.)

Oil filter $27

Air filter, if needed, $18

Plugs $20

If we deem it needs RC gaskets or tampons it'll get them but if not they aren't replaced just because.

Obviously brake pads etc are extra but that's basically it $576+ GST $57.60

So $630-ish but that includes TB balance, valves etc. I know for certain a lot of places don't stick a manometer on the bike or ever plug in a diagnostic tool unless they are specifically asked to and that incurs some stupid fee. One bloke a couple of years ago was told that even plugging in P.A.D.S. Would incur a $150 fee and that was just to 'Check for fault codes'! Shocked

I've never heard such a bunch of boiling arse!
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Who knows this guy?   Who knows this guy? Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:50 am

He does give a shout-out to the GRiSO Ghetto though at around 14:40. Can't believe I watched it that long, but there you go.

“When I'm riding my motorcycle, I'm glad to be alive.
When I stop riding my motorcycle, I'm glad to be alive.” - Neil Peart

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Mi_ka
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Mi_ka

PostSubject: Re: Who knows this guy?   Who knows this guy? Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:13 am

Pete Roper wrote:
So $630-ish but that includes TB balance, valves etc.

Ausie dollars, right? so less than 400 euros for a complete standard periodic maintenance, all fiddling and fluids included, fuss free done by the very experienced hands of a proper pro? not bad in my book, quite the opposite - peace of mind always gets my dime without any mumbling despite my constantly weak wallet
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Who knows this guy?   Who knows this guy? Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:19 am

Mi_ka wrote:
Pete Roper wrote:
So $630-ish but that includes TB balance, valves etc.

Ausie dollars, right? so less than 400 euros for a complete standard periodic maintenance, all fiddling and fluids included, fuss free done by the very experienced hands of a proper pro? not bad in my book, quite the opposite - peace of mind always gets my dime without any mumbling despite my constantly weak wallet

Concur re peace of mind, and even the "all fiddling and fluids included," but you are blessed if you have a dealer that provides "fuss free done by the very experienced hands of a proper pro."  

Those exist here, of course, but are, in my own experience, the exception.  The better dealers provide knowledgeable techs for major issues, but the oil-change guy and doer of similar basic stuff as in first service, are OJT newbies.  

In the USA, we are lucky to have the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act that permits us to do our own maintenance and repairs without having to resort to dealers -- assuming one were even nearby, much less competent -- without risking voiding the vehicle's warranty.

Obviously, YMMV, but, while I do what I can to support decent dealers by buying Guzzis, retail items, and major service from them, I'll do my own periodic maintenance and thereby get more of the peace of mind you justifiably seek for fewer dimes than a dealer would take.

Bill
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Who knows this guy?   Who knows this guy? Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:03 pm

I've watched Pete do several routine services, and have learned by osmosis.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Who knows this guy?   Who knows this guy? Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:36 pm

Really they are generally a joy to work on and as I frequently say a W5AM Guzzi must be just about the easiest bike to tune ever! This is why I am still shaking my head when I get bikes that are supposed to have been serviced and tuned by 'Experts' coming in with stuff so horribly wrong!

The wretched 5AM system was first used on the Breva 1100 in 2005. Nothing changed in the entire tuning process right through to the last CARC models in 2017! Yet it seems like in the entire twelve years of production the vast majority of people working on them never bothered learning how to do it right! It's infuriating! And if it's the case here it will be the case everywhere I guess? But what can you do?

I'm assuming that this is part of the reason that Piaggio opted to go down the single TB route with the MUIG3 and 7SM systems. In the general course of events there is no 'Tuning' to be done so if your service chain is populated by shaved apes it doesn't matter as they don't have to fiddle with stuff that will turn a bike into a poor running turd.
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: Who knows this guy?   Who knows this guy? Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:40 pm

We in Kiwiland are forced to get our bikes purchased new serviced by authorised dealers, or lose the warranty cover.

I experienced an interesting saga, when I tried to get replacement pipes for my first Cali 1400, which had cracked (they all did). My claim was refused until I pointed out the bike was purchased new in the USA, and therefore covered by the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act (although I didn't know the name back then).

When the pipes arrived, the dealer wouldn't fit them (too busy?) but gave them to me to fit for myself. Win-win, I got to keep the old ones, which welded up fine. That dealer no longer exists.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Who knows this guy?   Who knows this guy? Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:22 pm

Over here it varies from state to state but I know in NSW you don't have to have a vehicle serviced by a dealer or authorised service agent but to maintain warranty it does have to be performed by a qualified, licensed mechanic.

We've got our first V85 coming in for a service this week. First one of these we've seen up close and personal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who knows this guy?   Who knows this guy? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Who knows this guy?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSO Experience-
Jump to: