GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

A run up Mt St Helens with tvboy

Go down 
+2
Street
Stromgriso
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Stromgriso
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Stromgriso

A run up Mt St Helens with tvboy Empty
PostSubject: A run up Mt St Helens with tvboy   A run up Mt St Helens with tvboy Icon_minitime1Thu May 09, 2019 4:57 pm

Had a great ride last Tuesday with tvboy (aka Dave).  Met at Kelso and then did a Mt St Helens run.  On the ride back had a burger and brew at the world famous Goble Tavern. Good times were had by all! Dave’s Tenni has the classy tailbags, while my red 2016 has the tarted up Guzzi tail rack with the Givi e45 case (I like big butts, what can I say king
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Stromgriso on Thu May 09, 2019 11:40 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Need to obscure plate numbers)
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: A run up Mt St Helens with tvboy   A run up Mt St Helens with tvboy Icon_minitime1Thu May 09, 2019 6:10 pm

Nice one!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

“When I'm riding my motorcycle, I'm glad to be alive.
When I stop riding my motorcycle, I'm glad to be alive.” - Neil Peart

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

PostSubject: Re: A run up Mt St Helens with tvboy   A run up Mt St Helens with tvboy Icon_minitime1Thu May 09, 2019 6:46 pm

You are both champions cheers
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: A run up Mt St Helens with tvboy   A run up Mt St Helens with tvboy Icon_minitime1Thu May 09, 2019 8:01 pm

Fun roads all around Mt. St. Helens. The frost heaves keep your wits about you, but still super fun stuff!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Stromgriso
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Stromgriso

PostSubject: Re: A run up Mt St Helens with tvboy   A run up Mt St Helens with tvboy Icon_minitime1Thu May 09, 2019 8:17 pm

Yes indeed Steak!  We just did an out an back on the 504.  Beautiful long sweepers, lovely ride!
Back to top Go down
tvboy
Biondino
Biondino
tvboy

PostSubject: Re: A run up Mt St Helens with tvboy   A run up Mt St Helens with tvboy Icon_minitime1Thu May 09, 2019 10:41 pm

It was a blast but had we researched the trip a little better, we would have known the last seven miles of Hwy 504 was closed for the winter season . It will be open in about a week. We're headin' back up as soon as possible. That was a 260 mile day for me. Loved every minute.

Bill Dee likes this post

Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: A run up Mt St Helens with tvboy   A run up Mt St Helens with tvboy Icon_minitime1Thu May 09, 2019 11:42 pm

Next time, 14 east to the Wind River Highway north through Carson, and on to Northwoods. Then continue north on NFD 25 up to the Windy Ridge cutoff and then west, winding up to the overlook.

Now that's a day well spent!!!

Back to top Go down
Stromgriso
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Stromgriso

PostSubject: Re: A run up Mt St Helens with tvboy   A run up Mt St Helens with tvboy Icon_minitime1Thu May 09, 2019 11:50 pm

Sounds like a challenge...still trying to find this route on googlemaps. jocolor
Back to top Go down
Stromgriso
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Stromgriso

PostSubject: Re: A run up Mt St Helens with tvboy   A run up Mt St Helens with tvboy Icon_minitime1Thu May 09, 2019 11:56 pm

Now I see- the Mt St Helens “long way round”. Great route for next time. cheers
Back to top Go down
tvboy
Biondino
Biondino
tvboy

PostSubject: Re: A run up Mt St Helens with tvboy   A run up Mt St Helens with tvboy Icon_minitime1Fri May 10, 2019 12:40 am

I think part of the road north of Carson is closed due to snow damage and other damage. Maybe its not part of your route. I know I ran into snow east of Cougar and had to turn around. That was a few weeks ago.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: A run up Mt St Helens with tvboy   A run up Mt St Helens with tvboy Icon_minitime1Fri May 10, 2019 9:58 pm

NFD 25 can be a challenge between all the frost heaves and the seizure inducing, staccato light/dark segments while traversing the dense forests. Great stuff though...

Here's a nice take on the stretch.

Back to top Go down
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

PostSubject: Re: A run up Mt St Helens with tvboy   A run up Mt St Helens with tvboy Icon_minitime1Sat May 11, 2019 10:20 pm

Stunning looking country. bet riding there is brilliant.
Back to top Go down
https://glennhilleard@gmail.com
tvboy
Biondino
Biondino
tvboy

PostSubject: Re: A run up Mt St Helens with tvboy   A run up Mt St Helens with tvboy Icon_minitime1Sun May 12, 2019 2:23 am

It is and we don't take it for granted either.
Lot's of mountains, deserts, ocean coastlines, lakes and rivers .

Other parts of the world would be an adventure as well I'm sure.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A run up Mt St Helens with tvboy   A run up Mt St Helens with tvboy Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

A run up Mt St Helens with tvboy
Page 1 of 1