GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Question about holes in cylinder head

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Omnis
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Omnis

Question about holes in cylinder head Empty
PostSubject: Question about holes in cylinder head   Question about holes in cylinder head Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:35 am

Question on 2012 Griso8V Tenni:
It looks as if I have a bit of a leak on the left cylinder head, on close inspection I found two, I believe, vent holes the upper one appears open as I was able to insert a small hex key pretty much all the way in (~2.5"). I would have expected it to gush out oil but it doesn't.
The lower hole under a fin, difficult to see in, is the one that appears to leak.
Should either or both be plugged?
Many thanks

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This is the upper hole

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This is the lower hole
Back to top Go down
Omnis
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Omnis

PostSubject: Re: Question about holes in cylinder head   Question about holes in cylinder head Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:43 am

BTW same issue on the right cylinder : lower hole is leaking a bit, the upper one is bone dry.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Question about holes in cylinder head   Question about holes in cylinder head Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:05 pm

Upper one is the water drain from the plug well. I'll have to go have a Squizzy at one of the spare heads at work out where the other one goes.
Back to top Go down
Omnis
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Omnis

PostSubject: Re: Question about holes in cylinder head   Question about holes in cylinder head Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:52 am

Thanks Pete
Back to top Go down
Omnis
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Omnis

PostSubject: Re: Question about holes in cylinder head   Question about holes in cylinder head Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:34 am

Hey Pete any thought as to what that second vent hole is for? I’d like to plug it or have it sorted before my long trip this summer. Many thanks.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Question about holes in cylinder head   Question about holes in cylinder head Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:10 pm

Sorry, I've been running around like a chook with its head cut off getting organised to fly out to Canada on Friday morning and it slipped my mind. I'll try and have a Squizzy this morning.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Omnis
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Omnis

PostSubject: Re: Question about holes in cylinder head   Question about holes in cylinder head Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:29 pm

Whereabouts in Canada are you going to be?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Question about holes in cylinder head   Question about holes in cylinder head Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:00 pm

We're doing the trans-Canada with side trips west to east then spending some time on the eastern seaboard of the continent before heading back NW from West Virginia/North Carolina via Indiana, Chicago and the Dakotas before heading north of the border again and meeting our daughter who is coming over to Vancouver for a conference and spending some time with her in BC.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Omnis
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Omnis

PostSubject: Re: Question about holes in cylinder head   Question about holes in cylinder head Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:47 pm

Let me know if you’re going to be in Halifax, Nova Scotia, on the Atlantic coast. P.msg me.
Luca
Back to top Go down
Omnis
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Omnis

PostSubject: Re: Question about holes in cylinder head   Question about holes in cylinder head Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:22 am

With Mr. Roper on vacation anybody else want to hazard a guess as to the use of the lower hole in the cylinder heads (see pics above). As I mentioned they seem to seep oil and I would like to plug them with JBWeld if appropriate. comments or feedback greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Question about holes in cylinder head   Question about holes in cylinder head Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:59 am

Sorry, I was run off my feet before I left, (In Sydney now.) I think that is just a secondary drain. I'd be replacing the plug tube o-rings as a first step.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Question about holes in cylinder head   Question about holes in cylinder head Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:57 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
We're doing the trans-Canada with side trips west to east then spending some time on the eastern seaboard of the continent before heading back NW from West Virginia/North Carolina via Indiana, Chicago and the Dakotas before heading north of the border again and meeting our daughter who is coming over to Vancouver for a conference and spending some time with her in BC.

Pete

Damn, I just came back from West Virginia last week...
Put about 1600 miles in that State, nothing but twisties! Hell yeahhh!!!
GRiSO loves WV. lol
Back to top Go down
Omnis
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Omnis

PostSubject: Re: Question about holes in cylinder head   Question about holes in cylinder head Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:17 pm

OK thanks Pete.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about holes in cylinder head   Question about holes in cylinder head Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Question about holes in cylinder head
Page 1 of 1