GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

"New" Handling

Go down 
+14
bahamazoo
Nobleswood
GHTE
Street
motor-timothy
Diablo Loco
GUZ21
Bill Hagan
sidrat
stdunkel
wyno
paulbrice
beetle
Oz1200Guzzi
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

"New" Handling - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "New" Handling   "New" Handling - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:33 am

I had a set of the PR4's on the 1200, and as I may have said somewhere, I could not fault them, they handled well, felt solid, and I got seriously good mileage (in Km) from them. Long straight stuff, fast twisty stuff, a bit of commuting, and lots of cold and wet stuff.
But I did not like them. Neutral

So did that slow me down???

New hoops are Conti Road Attack II EVO.....
A new level of Awesomeness... great feel and feed back, I may have gained some 'speed' even, and have almost no chicken strips as a result -not as impressive as Waterbottle's set however... (Tweed Valley Way vs Lakeside)
They are stickey out of the gate (the highway on-ramp is only 2 minutes from my gate Very Happy), and so far have impressed in the small amounts of wet that I have been out in.
Previous tyres were the Pirelli Angels, which I really, really liked. These are better. (mileage is reported to be excellent too...)

IMHO.

Awesome tree Street. Beautiful wife likes it too!!! cheers cheers
-now if you can just sew some LEDs in there, you'll have a marketable unit...
mmmm

oh, and we went to Dreamworld the other day, and in Lego Land, some kid had dropped his hat, so I gave it a new home...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

came out 5 hours later, and it was still there..... can't wait for the next Hulk movie to see if the hat makes the cut!!

Last edited by bahamazoo on Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: "New" Handling   "New" Handling - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:38 am

bahamazoo wrote:

Previous tyres were the Pirelli Angels, which I really, really liked. These are better. (mileage is reported to be excellent too...)

I like that quote, because i am using Pirelli Angels and think they suit the bike well, maybe i will try something different in spring.
Back to top Go down
Bulldog9
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bulldog9

PostSubject: Re: "New" Handling   "New" Handling - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:46 am

sidrat wrote:
bahamazoo wrote:

I like that quote, because i am using Pirelli Angels and think they suit the bike well, maybe i will try something different in spring.

I've got Angels on the Norge. I cant find anything to fault, but plan to change to the PR when they are done. My last set of PR's were 3's which transformed my FJR. We will see..... My GRiSO has Diablo tires, and again, I find nothing wrong with them, but was planning on going to the PR when they are done. Will be able to report and compare.

I have ridden on the Continental Attacks on my FJR, and Dunlop Road Smarts on my Concours before that, but the best tire I have ever had on a bike so far is the PR series. Have had the original and V 2 & 3.

I would consider the Angels again, but here's the deal..... I'm 55, age, injuries and TBI have taken their toll, so I want a SportING tire, with good grip, great wet weather grip, and good mileage.Chicken strips (pinky width) are a reality and triple the yellow riding is a thing of the past. If things keep going downhill, next is a Side car ;-) I'd LOVE to put one on the Norge, am thinking of getting a Stelvio Bracket and adapting it and modifying the fairing/bodywork...... Then I will ride till I die....
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: "New" Handling   "New" Handling - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:08 pm

I fully endorse that idea!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

“Danger + Survival = Fun.” - Neil Peart

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

PostSubject: Re: "New" Handling   "New" Handling - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:32 am

Apparently a lot of riders are switching to the new Metzler 01
Back to top Go down
https://glennhilleard@gmail.com
anguscameron1966
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
anguscameron1966

PostSubject: Re: "New" Handling   "New" Handling - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:23 am

GHTE wrote:
Apparently a lot of riders are switching to the new Metzler 01

I switched to these after going through a rear Pirelli Angel in a touch over 3000 miles.

The write up on the road tech 01's was great for wet weather, of which we get loads!

My experience of the roadtec 01's has been outstanding wet and dry, 7 mm chicken strips' never had a loss of grip, due to replace the rear soon after 7000 miles.

Cheers,

Angus.

Last edited by anguscameron1966 on Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: "New" Handling   "New" Handling - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:57 am

bahamazoo wrote:

New hoops are Conti Road Attack II EVO.....

Right on! Completely agree.
I have those on the 1100 and the 2013 before I traded it for the new GRiSO Rosso.
Was amused by the funky design but was sold on grip as soon as I took to the Mountains, although I have not been caught in the rain with these...
I'm a Dunlop guy but those Contis are just as good with a better price tag so I'll stick with that for now.
I have one in the garage waiting to replace the OEM Metzeler on the Rosso once it's done.
As for Michelin...mehh, not for me. They're great for everyday riding and actually the best in the rain in my experience but for constant hard riding on dry roads, they don't equal Dunlops or those Conti Attacks.
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: "New" Handling   "New" Handling - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:23 pm

Well I won't be reviewing the PR4 GT as the people who supply Peter Stevens sent regular PR4's. The guy at Peter Stevens showed their order docket and because the wrong ones had been sent I got the regulars at trade price, so I'm unhappy but happy. I would've liked to try out the GT's though.
Back to top Go down
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

PostSubject: Re: "New" Handling   "New" Handling - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:56 am

The GTs are the PR3's carcas with the PR4's outer.
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: "New" Handling   "New" Handling - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:26 am

Street wrote:
I fully endorse that idea!

I have never ridden a sidecar, but I like them and always sit on them at the bike show, I wonder if i would like one in the garage :-)

Woudln't replace the GRiSO, but would be more fun than a sportscar, could take grandkids and the dog!
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: "New" Handling   "New" Handling - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:07 am

Of course it will never replace the GRiSO, but we sure have a lot of fun with it and we can take Jellybean with us wherever we go!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

“Danger + Survival = Fun.” - Neil Peart

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

PostSubject: Re: "New" Handling   "New" Handling - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:37 pm

Didn't they invent the Dremmel to get rid of chicken strips?
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: "New" Handling   "New" Handling - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:01 pm

I reflected on the folly of my ways as I drove my Tucson over the same track on the way to work. Fortunately, the Tucson is not Black Betty, and cannot get the same level of cornering as I can do on the
Sport.

The folly of my ways was because it's double demerit season. OK officer I will slow down, and live by the cruise control. Black Betty is safely parked in my garage and will stay there until 2nd January (when double demerits revert to single).

Nothing happened apart from a B Double deciding to pull in front of me while I was doing 80 kph - he was doing about 5. Ijits! Brakes work, tyres might have a flat spot though. Nothing but poo was the personal damage.

OK ride safe you lot, Merry Christmas to y'all. Back to lurking - but I do have 2 weeks to enjoy not going to work.
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: "New" Handling   "New" Handling - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:48 am

I do believe that I am rather enjoying these Razz Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: "New" Handling   "New" Handling - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:46 pm

Just as an aside, I find these tyres can run down 5psi without any ill handling issues, unlike the earlier iteration (the not GTs). The straight PR4s start to feel heavy as the wind reduces only a couple of psi.

heavier side wall is the duck's nuts. Me likey! Lots!
Back to top Go down
GreggF
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
GreggF

PostSubject: Re: "New" Handling   "New" Handling - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:37 pm

Me too - 2nd set, just want to get to use them again !

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: "New" Handling   "New" Handling - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:36 pm

wet weather report...

mmm. work has recently seen me become a, ahem, commuter... No and so have been on a 150km/day for the last few weeks. Of the 75k each way, 70 is on the freeway @ +/-70mph
1. the sweet mapping on the 2V = 55mpg
2. Conti EVO II are not showing any wear signs of the boring flat tracking up the 'M drONE'.
3. rain. holy crapper has it been raining the last few days Shocked EVO's are very comfortable in the damp, and just as planted in torrential flow. At speed. Wink
4. Dri-Rider jackets are not as advertised. Evil or Very Mad
5. Dri-Rider Hurricane rain suit however, is awesome, even after 6 years.

I need to get off this treadmill.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: "New" Handling   "New" Handling - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:40 pm

Where is it that you are working now Pat?
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: "New" Handling   "New" Handling - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:11 pm

Got a stint on a vessel being refit up on the Gold Coast... short term fiscally attractive.
Off to South NZ for the month of March.
Campervan.
April???
May... The Budgie...
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: "New" Handling   "New" Handling - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:31 pm

Interesting: PR5
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "New" Handling   "New" Handling - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:07 pm

Yesterday a customer told me about an article on MBW about cf wheels.
Clicked on your PR5 link Tony. ................. ended up on MBW.
Tyres sound good!

Found the article about Ducati GT1000 with cf wheels .................. and at the bottom was a comment about Bella by Plantboy. small world
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: "New" Handling   "New" Handling - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:12 pm

Winner - here's the article and comments at the bottom.

Ghezzi
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "New" Handling   "New" Handling - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

"New" Handling
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSO Experience-
Jump to: