GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Luggage Solutions

Go down 
+9
Red07
Steak
ericf
MalG
Crazy88
blue thunder
Papa Lazarou
paulbrice
Speedtrip
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Speedtrip
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Speedtrip

Luggage Solutions  Empty
PostSubject: Luggage Solutions    Luggage Solutions  Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:35 am

Hi, Has anyone had experience of the C Bow system from Hepco/Krauser? I'm looking for a system that doesn't involve drilling holes in the bike and is unobtrusive when the panniers/box aren't on the bike. I like the leather Hepco bags that fit with the C Bow brackets and it would be good to know if anyone else has used them as i'm not sure how much clearance I will have from the GPR exhaust I have fitted. I'm restricted on throwovers etc as I have a custom classic style single seat with a hump where the pillion seat would be. Any recommendations would be great. Much obliged.
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

Luggage Solutions  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luggage Solutions    Luggage Solutions  Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:33 am

Loads of threads about C-bow in the forum, not sure how many include leather bags. Here is picture of soft ones installed (no holes drilled)....and without ....these are fine with std and termi exhaust but only just clear with about 1.5 inch to exhaust
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
There were some comments about weak C-bow brackets (I lift bike with mine so I haven't seen that) and others may have experience of leather bags (probably in drier places than Manchester).
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

Luggage Solutions  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luggage Solutions    Luggage Solutions  Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:35 am

Better still go to parallel topic in forum :-)
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

Luggage Solutions  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luggage Solutions    Luggage Solutions  Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:05 am

I've got them on mine. Fairly small storage, easy mounting.

Suitably moody pic:

Back to top Go down
Speedtrip
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Speedtrip

Luggage Solutions  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luggage Solutions    Luggage Solutions  Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:12 am

Thanks Gents for the replies, and i've also now found the other luggage posts too, oops! But I've overlooked that I have a tail tidy fitted which has moved the indicators backwards by about 2 inches, so unless the C Bows push the bags out further than the indicators protrude, I may have an issue there. I might be able to remount the indicators a bit closer in to the tail piece but not by much. Not sure if I could also bend the C Bow mounts out a bit, but it's a lot of money if it doesn't work! Bugger!
Back to top Go down
blue thunder
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
blue thunder

Luggage Solutions  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luggage Solutions    Luggage Solutions  Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:19 am

I just ordered the C-bow with the new Orbit side cases. Will post pictures when it's mounted.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tripper.be
Crazy88
Carlotto
Carlotto
Crazy88

Luggage Solutions  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luggage Solutions    Luggage Solutions  Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:35 am

blue thunder wrote:
I just ordered the C-bow with the new Orbit side cases. Will post pictures when it's mounted.

I look forward to seeing that, I'm just about to order them and can't decide whether to go for the orbit cases or the soft ones
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

Luggage Solutions  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luggage Solutions    Luggage Solutions  Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:04 pm

Let us know your experience - I still haven't worked out if my 'old style' soft bags are 22 L before expanding zips opened (new ones seem to have extra external pocket rather than expander)....but imagine rigid would be more limiting to fill ?

Back to top Go down
blue thunder
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
blue thunder

Luggage Solutions  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luggage Solutions    Luggage Solutions  Icon_minitime1Fri May 05, 2017 11:01 am

Ready for touring! Don't mind the fugly windshield. That's a leftover of my "winter setup"

Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

Luggage Solutions  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luggage Solutions    Luggage Solutions  Icon_minitime1Fri May 05, 2017 12:13 pm

If the bags fit, but are too close to the exhaust, get hold of one of those silicon baking trays & cut it to fit the bottom of the bag. Can be fit fitted with contact glue or with Velcro. Good for 500 degrees.
Back to top Go down
ericf
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
ericf

Luggage Solutions  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luggage Solutions    Luggage Solutions  Icon_minitime1Sun May 07, 2017 2:24 am

Hi

Have you tried a ventura system? I've used one on every bike I've owned from a fireblade to my GRiSO (apart from Ducati 900ss and my current Thruxton) and found them to excellent. The GRiSO one in particular simply bolts on at the 4 luggage/bungee points under the rear mudguard. Bag (mine is 52 litres but I think they do up to 60) slips over the top loop of the rack and attaches with built in buckle straps. When not in use the rack can be removed leaving the L brackets or arms in place which can be converted to a grab handle.

I have the system in my garage if you are interested. I will sell the L brackets and rack/grab handle but not the bag as that is transferable for other bikes.

Let me know if interested. Even if you want to buy new, I would check out their website as it is a great alternative to side bags.

E
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

Luggage Solutions  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luggage Solutions    Luggage Solutions  Icon_minitime1Sun May 07, 2017 10:20 am

I've used the Ventura system in the past and it works very well from a utilitarian perspective, but you can't really leave the mounting brackets on the GRiSO (IMO).  The "tall" bracket is fine for securing the Ventura travel packs, but it looks horrid on the bike without a bag mounted and it is very bendable so don't use it if you are riding two up.  Sure, you can swap out the tall extension for the smaller grab rail or tail pack platform, but it just looks a little out of place on the GRiSO.  It looks like something a suspender snapping, corn-cob pipe smoker fabricated in his back yard...  I found that it worked very well for what it was, but I couldn't wait to unbolt it from the GRiSO as soon as I got home.

On my current GRiSO, I now ust the HB/Krauser C-Bow system and don't mind leaving the brackets mounted to the GRiSO.  For my money, the C-Bow system is the way to go on a GRiSO.  They don't have a ton of room, but it is perfect for a weekend campout.  Afterall, the GRiSO was never designed for long distance, multi-day touring.  Not saying it's not suited for the task, it's just not what it was designed for.

Keep your GRiSO's punch you in the face good looks and be the envy of motorcyclists, and the object of desire for pretty women everywhere...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Red07
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Red07

Luggage Solutions  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luggage Solutions    Luggage Solutions  Icon_minitime1Sun May 07, 2017 10:43 am

So, which pipes will NOT work with the c-bow brackets/bags?  I have the Mistral hi-pipe and it will not work without some modifications.  How about the Zard?  any clearance issues?  Others?

Randy
Back to top Go down
blue thunder
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
blue thunder

Luggage Solutions  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luggage Solutions    Luggage Solutions  Icon_minitime1Sun May 07, 2017 11:27 am

Steak, the GRiSO might not been designed for, though it's very satisfying doing long travels Very Happy .
I went to Italy, went carving in the Alpes, explored the Morvan and The Black Forest and soon I'll take of for 8 days through Wales.
Thousands of kilometers of fun and joy!
Most of the journeys I had a 33liter topcase and a small seat bag. Now I'll have 44liter in the side cases. So, it's a win-win situation. Got rid of the weird looking topbox and gained 11liters of secured storage! cheers
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

Luggage Solutions  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luggage Solutions    Luggage Solutions  Icon_minitime1Sun May 07, 2017 6:33 pm

I guess I see your point, Steak, but I'm not so sure it wasn't designed for long distance touring. I made several 3,000 to 5,000 mile trips on my 1100 and it suited me to a T!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

“Danger + Survival = Fun.” - Neil Peart

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
blue thunder
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
blue thunder

Luggage Solutions  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luggage Solutions    Luggage Solutions  Icon_minitime1Sun May 07, 2017 10:56 pm

Actually, I wonder wat is IS designed for. Too heavy for a sports bike, to naked for a tourer, too sporty for a cruiser, too expensive for just resting in the living room. Might it be Guzzi wanted the best of all worlds in one bike  Cool ?
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

Luggage Solutions  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luggage Solutions    Luggage Solutions  Icon_minitime1Mon May 08, 2017 12:29 pm

Typical Italian? Form over function - a sporty long distance tourer with a tiny tank. If not tiny, at least "inappropriately sized".
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

Luggage Solutions  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luggage Solutions    Luggage Solutions  Icon_minitime1Mon May 08, 2017 6:39 pm

MalG wrote:
Typical Italian? Form over function - a sporty long distance tourer with a tiny tank. If not tiny, at least "inappropriately sized".

That's true too, Mal, but I find I have to get off and pee every couple of hours anyway.

“Danger + Survival = Fun.” - Neil Peart

Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
DangWangi
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
DangWangi

Luggage Solutions  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luggage Solutions    Luggage Solutions  Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:59 pm

I like the minimal look of the C-bow system and do like the look of the Orbit hard cases.  Any interference with stock signal placement getting in the way of them?  Anyone use the Royster Street Soft Bag? I'm thinking these may be more appropriate for the type of trips I do.
Back to top Go down
davem
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
davem

Luggage Solutions  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luggage Solutions    Luggage Solutions  Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:50 am

blue thunder wrote:
Actually, I wonder wat is IS designed for. Too heavy for a sports bike, to naked for a tourer, too sporty for a cruiser, too expensive for just resting in the living room. Might it be Guzzi wanted the best of all worlds in one bike  Cool ?

Probably the GRiSO was a design exercise that made it into production but could be used for touring like most motorcycles can be. On my 1100 the fuel warning light comes on at 150 miles which is good enough for tooling around western Europe for example. Certainly other than a fairing it is no worse than my old BMW R1100s which went across Europe a number of times.
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

Luggage Solutions  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luggage Solutions    Luggage Solutions  Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:54 pm

Here's my 2015 GRiSO 1200SE with Givi E21 panniers mounted on C-Bows.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Luggage Solutions  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luggage Solutions    Luggage Solutions  Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Luggage Solutions
Page 1 of 1