GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Road Trip/Travel Essentials?

Go down 
+11
Steak
GNORTS
rudolf35
MalG
waterbottle
jeremyb
wyno
Oz1200Guzzi
Papa Lazarou
beetle
DangWangi
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

Road Trip/Travel Essentials? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Road Trip/Travel Essentials?   Road Trip/Travel Essentials? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:46 pm

Add one more suggestion - a small daypack - I use those from the camping places that fold up into a little bag & go in the pocket or tankbag - useful for the evening's groceries or for carrying small lightweight stuff for easier access. Comes in handy.

And a plate for supporting the sidestand on dodgy ground - lives in the tankbag or a pocket - best with some twine to loop over the handlebar for retrieval without bending over..
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Road Trip/Travel Essentials?   Road Trip/Travel Essentials? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:57 pm

As others have said, get a small compressor. I have one that will go to 80 psi, if needed. CO2 cartridges while fine usually don't last past the first (and only) attempted fill - if you don't have the puncture repaired right, the second time around you have no fresh cylinders left to use.

Get a small pump, and if you are using it, make sure your engine is running - you don't want to be in the position of pumping up a tyre and then having a flat battery and unable to start...
Back to top Go down
rudolf35
Carlotto
Carlotto
rudolf35

PostSubject: Re: Road Trip/Travel Essentials?   Road Trip/Travel Essentials? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:18 pm

I found that a goodly number of CO2 cartriges and a small foot pump make a good combo. The CO2 to seat the tire firm on the rim and the little foot pump to take it to the right pressure.

I found my foot pump online at a site called Twisted Throttle, around $30 US 5 years ago. It is about 6" long, folds out like a bottle jack and operates with a foot pedal; little effort but great results - not dependent on bikes battery or any other power source!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Road Trip/Travel Essentials?   Road Trip/Travel Essentials? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Road Trip/Travel Essentials?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2