GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Substitute Gear oils for Gear box and Trans

Go down 
+4
Pete Roper
Oz1200Guzzi
Charlie J
bCraig
8 posters
AuthorMessage
bCraig
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
bCraig

Substitute Gear oils for Gear box and Trans  Empty
PostSubject: Substitute Gear oils for Gear box and Trans    Substitute Gear oils for Gear box and Trans  Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:27 pm

Hi all .... I live in a depressed area of Canada and local bike shop can`t source the recommended gear oils for my `07 1100 GRiSO ( neither can the Guzzi Dealer in New Brunswick ) .... the Maritime distributor has discontinued them .... I am wondering if any one uses a  different ( brand ) than what is called for in manual ... thanks for your time ...
Craig
Back to top Go down
Charlie J
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Charlie J

PostSubject: Re: Substitute Gear oils for Gear box and Trans    Substitute Gear oils for Gear box and Trans  Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:50 pm

Gday bCraig. I hope your area of Canada cheers up soon. The brand is not important , the viscosity and grade is.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Substitute Gear oils for Gear box and Trans    Substitute Gear oils for Gear box and Trans  Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:40 pm

Just order up on fleabay or an on-line dealer. Get what you need, not what is on someone else's shelf
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Substitute Gear oils for Gear box and Trans    Substitute Gear oils for Gear box and Trans  Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:52 pm

Any 75/90, 80/90 full synth will be fine, really. Mobil 1 should be available easily enough. You only need a litre every 10,000 kms.

Pete
Back to top Go down
bCraig
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
bCraig

PostSubject: Re: Substitute Gear oils for Gear box and Trans    Substitute Gear oils for Gear box and Trans  Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:32 pm

Thanks guys .... guess I need some clarification then .... manual say ... gear box MP/S 85w90 .... trans 80w90 .... can I use one type of gear oil in both with no troubles as long as it's full syn .... thanks for your answers
Craig
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Substitute Gear oils for Gear box and Trans    Substitute Gear oils for Gear box and Trans  Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:42 pm

I've been using MOTUL GEAR 300 75W90 in both the Gear Box and Trans. No problemo...

I'm thinking I'll go back to using Redline Heavy Shockproof though on the next change. That stuff is the shit.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
bCraig
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
bCraig

PostSubject: Re: Substitute Gear oils for Gear box and Trans    Substitute Gear oils for Gear box and Trans  Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:08 pm

Thanks very much Steak .... will see what I can scare up close by ..... as to Charlie's comment the Maritimes is the happy spot in Canada .... we all just old and dirt poor ....eh
Craig
Back to top Go down
Peaceman
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Peaceman

PostSubject: Re: Substitute Gear oils for Gear box and Trans    Substitute Gear oils for Gear box and Trans  Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:18 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
bCraig
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
bCraig

PostSubject: Re: Substitute Gear oils for Gear box and Trans    Substitute Gear oils for Gear box and Trans  Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:38 am

Thanks P Man .... I bet my local shop can get the Motul .... they had the 10w60 full syn for the engine .... I guess I was worried these bikes needed special sh-t to keep 'um going .... I should be all good now ... thanks to all for their input ...
Craig
Back to top Go down
jeremyb
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
jeremyb

PostSubject: Re: Substitute Gear oils for Gear box and Trans    Substitute Gear oils for Gear box and Trans  Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:38 pm

Steak wrote:
I've been using MOTUL GEAR 300 75W90 in both the Gear Box and Trans.  No problemo...

I'm thinking I'll go back to using Redline Heavy Shockproof though on the next change.  That stuff is the shit.

You pimping this stuff ?? Your post was the kick I needed to order some and try it. I was hoping to improve the shifting.
Ordered thru Amazon for about $18US, 1 qt is enough for both the gearbox and the final drive. Looks like pink milkshake !

Its da Bomb - works like a charm. Shifting is greatly improved. I'm glad I switched from Mobil One 75w90.

There are a lot of posts on WildGuzzi recommending it too.
And those guys are so tight they can crack walnuts between their cheeks as they walk, so if they pay more for something, its gotta be good.
Back to top Go down
Bulldog9
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bulldog9

PostSubject: Re: Substitute Gear oils for Gear box and Trans    Substitute Gear oils for Gear box and Trans  Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:13 pm

I've got some of this kicking around may try to use it. Is magic in the P car 915 finicky trans. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Substitute Gear oils for Gear box and Trans    Substitute Gear oils for Gear box and Trans  Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Substitute Gear oils for Gear box and Trans
Page 1 of 1