GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Damn, blast and fuck!

Go down 
+5
klaas123
Phang
waterbottle
beetle
Pete Roper
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Damn, blast and fuck! Empty
PostSubject: Damn, blast and fuck!   Damn, blast and fuck! Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:40 pm

Pulled the rod caps on Ralfy's bike this AM.

"It's worse than that, he's dead Jim!"

Clear particulate damage same as Mark S's.

Bollocks! And still the factory sez 'Just flush it out'. What a wank!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Damn, blast and fuck!   Damn, blast and fuck! Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:55 pm

Should I be concerned about mine?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!

Last edited by beetle on Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Damn, blast and fuck!   Damn, blast and fuck! Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:20 pm

I don't fucking know! I wish I did!

Yours though has never been as noisy after rollerising as Mark's, Ralf's or mine. I've also just done another one and it too just has that sort of 'Whickery' noise that rollers usually have rather than the louder rumble that bikes I've seen that have failed later had.

In this I'm simply learning as I go. I have no crystal ball or, unfortunately, magic bullet.

Pete
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Damn, blast and fuck!   Damn, blast and fuck! Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:35 pm

I withdraw the question.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Damn, blast and fuck!   Damn, blast and fuck! Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:04 pm

Nah, it's a perfectly reasonable question. I just don't have a bloody answer! I wish I did!

Generally an ounce of prevention is better than a ton of cure but in this situation it seems completely random. The only thing these three bikes have in common is they are all green! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Damn, blast and fuck!   Damn, blast and fuck! Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:13 pm

On this, are any of you Aussies equipped to do a video? Like a reasonable quality one? Going through this shit needs to be documented before herds of ham-fisted fuckwits take it into their own hands to offer a 'Cheap Fix'.

I have the location and the 'Patients', both my and Ralf's bikes. Perhaps we could at least pull some sort of gem out of this suckhole of shite!

Pete
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: Damn, blast and fuck!   Damn, blast and fuck! Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:59 pm

Beetle, have you changed out your sump yet ?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Damn, blast and fuck!   Damn, blast and fuck! Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:19 am

Not yet. It will happen.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Phang
Biondino
Biondino
Phang

PostSubject: Re: Damn, blast and fuck!   Damn, blast and fuck! Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:31 am

Pete Roper wrote:
The only thing these three bikes have in common is they are all green! Very Happy

Mine is green, oh shit!

I have a KIT B lying on the desk now, haven't check the condition my greenie flat tappets yet but I guess how the tappets wear will determine the following course of actions.

Hopefully it is just a simple and straight forward rollerisation Suspect
Back to top Go down
klaas123
Biondino
Biondino
klaas123

PostSubject: Re: Damn, blast and fuck!   Damn, blast and fuck! Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:33 am

Bummer... How are the crackshaft bearings Pete?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Damn, blast and fuck!   Damn, blast and fuck! Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:31 am

klaas123 wrote:
Bummer... How are the crackshaft bearings Pete?

Fuck me drunk! Give me a break! I have four bikes in currently for rollerisation as well as the usual service and maintenance work! If you'd like to drop in and pull the engine and strip it be my bloody guest. Right now I'm trying to free up a bench to pull Ralf's motor. I'm a small, one man business in bumfuck Australia! I can't walk on water, see through metal and I don't have a magic fucking wand!

Pete
Back to top Go down
klaas123
Biondino
Biondino
klaas123

PostSubject: Re: Damn, blast and fuck!   Damn, blast and fuck! Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:09 am

I'd love to help you out Pete, but you live on the wrong side of the fucking planet! Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Damn, blast and fuck!   Damn, blast and fuck! Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:17 pm

Well, I had planned to ride my '10 (with 12.6K miles) on it the 700 or so miles to Rose Farm Classics for "rollerization."  

But my Norgester buddy backed out, so I -- shame! Embarassed -- trailered it today.

I think I annoyed at least a couple thou folks by doing a face-stretching, centrifuge-like 60 -- yes, a mile-a-minute -- pace on the slab the whole way.

Took me nearly 15 hours of stultifying driving and an embarrassing large number of bladder-maintenance stops to get here, but I am now ... as Kathi isn't here  queen jocolor -- eating and drinking to excess in a restaurant by my motel near Woodstock.

BUT ... after reading this thread, think I am glad I did trailer the beast.   I "stethoscoped" it before I left and it sounded same on both sides ... but what would I know, anyway?  Rolling Eyes

Will let you know what Jim finds.

Back to beer.  Smile

Bill
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Damn, blast and fuck!   Damn, blast and fuck! Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:00 pm

Nice touch with the flag Bill.

Once Jim has it tuned up and rollerised you can fling in the roller Beetlemap. I think you'll be impressed. Like 'A bit of wee came out' impressed! Very Happy

Pete
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Damn, blast and fuck!   Damn, blast and fuck! Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:24 pm

I agree, nice touch with the flag Bill. Very Happy
I'll forgive you for trailering the mihgty GRiSO then. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bellyhook
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
bellyhook

PostSubject: Re: Damn, blast and fuck!   Damn, blast and fuck! Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:05 pm

Is this happening post roller mod?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Damn, blast and fuck!   Damn, blast and fuck! Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:17 pm

Yes.
Back to top Go down
bellyhook
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
bellyhook

PostSubject: Re: Damn, blast and fuck!   Damn, blast and fuck! Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:48 pm

Bugger, Mine is green and Gord is putting in the rollers. Hope the randomness stays far away. Don't want to have use the Elvis off switch. (.44 magnum).
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Damn, blast and fuck!   Damn, blast and fuck! Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:06 pm

Make sure the sump is thoroughly cleaned out not just the ridiculous factory suggestion of flushing the engine with a couple of litres of oil.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Omnis
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Omnis

PostSubject: Re: Damn, blast and fuck!   Damn, blast and fuck! Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:48 pm

What years are these bikes that shit the flat tappets? My is 2012 with 35k Kms and so far, touch wood, no issues.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Damn, blast and fuck!   Damn, blast and fuck! Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:52 pm

All flat tappet engines are at the very least suspect. Change to rollers was mid 2012.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Damn, blast and fuck!   Damn, blast and fuck! Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Damn, blast and fuck!
Page 1 of 1