GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Power delivery at low revs

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
all tenni
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
all tenni

Power delivery at low revs Empty
PostSubject: Power delivery at low revs   Power delivery at low revs Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:01 am

I've only had my GRiSO for a week or two and so far only in the city. I'm noticing that between 2-4K rpm the power delivery is a bit inconsistent especially in 1st and 2nd gear. , almost hesitant. At 4k it smooths out and suddenly turns into a rocket.

First time I've been on a GRiSO so this may be just how she runs. Wondering about my mapping... Any similar experiences? Comments?
Thanks guys/gals
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Power delivery at low revs   Power delivery at low revs Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:12 am

Firstly, ensure its tuned properly.

Secondly, learn how to use Guzzidiag and ask some kind soul like Mark if he has a suitable map.

Thirdly, be honest with us about servicing and modifications. We can't help if we are told the bike is stock and it isn't.

Pete
Back to top Go down
all tenni
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
all tenni

PostSubject: Re: Power delivery at low revs   Power delivery at low revs Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:18 am

Thanks Pete.
I just bought it. The owner had it for 1000mi and made no mods.
The first owner kept fastidious service records and I believe it is stock..
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Power delivery at low revs   Power delivery at low revs Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:49 pm

all tenni wrote:
I'm noticing that between 2-4K rpm the power delivery is a bit inconsistent especially in 1st and 2nd gear. , almost hesitant. At 4k it smooths out and suddenly turns into a rocket.

That is the classic sign of the ECU's marvelous trimming ability.  Basically, below 4000 it gets trimmed to somewhere near the stoichometric point (which is not where the 8V runs stellar). Unfortunately it's doesn't do a very good in your case, as stop start riding like in a city does not allow for a steady throttle for a long period, so you get an uneven trim effect.

You can eliminate it immediately by pulling the main fuses for 30 seconds. That will reset the trims. However, after a couple of hundred km, it will return to its hunting ways. The only long term solution is to remap.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: Power delivery at low revs   Power delivery at low revs Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:24 pm

Hey beetle,

Am getting the itch to see if I can further improve the ride of my totally stock 2012 (other than being rollerized). Have been out on a few rides recently with dave-I-know who is pretty keen on installing the map you sent him. As he has all the equipment needed to perform the upgrade, he thought it would be worthwhile to upgrade both of ours in one go. Oddly, I couldn't think of any reason to say no. scratch

Any chance I could get one of your maps for my GRiSO? I would be more than happy to make a donation for the time and effort you have put into making them.

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Power delivery at low revs   Power delivery at low revs Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:14 am

Sure. Mine is getting rollerized week after next and all the maps will be getting roller updates if you want to wait a wee bit. Otherwise, I can send a map to Dave for you if you can't wait. What pipe?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: Power delivery at low revs   Power delivery at low revs Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:46 am

Thanks much beetle!

I have the standard stock pipe. Since you are upgrading your bike perhaps it would be better if I waited until after you have rollerized it and updated the map. Not in a huge rush and it may be a better fit given how finicky the bikes can be. Besides, we can use Daves bike as the guinea pig in the interim Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Power delivery at low revs   Power delivery at low revs Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:15 am

cheers

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Power delivery at low revs   Power delivery at low revs Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Power delivery at low revs
Page 1 of 1