GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

How cold is too cold?

Go down 
+10
Chaipaval
CPB
NorthernProducer
sidrat
Bill Hagan
DungeonMaster
Grisonut
Tod.
Street
Birch
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

How cold is too cold? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How cold is too cold?   How cold is too cold? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:52 pm

If you can find a reasonably priced 100*C one let me know. I'm not flush with cash at the moment, in fact things are going to be very tight for the next 18 months, (All part of our retirement plan!) but if you can find a decent product I'll purchase a couple with a view to making up a kit with the spare after I've used my bike as a guinea pig.

Pete
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: How cold is too cold?   How cold is too cold? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:01 pm

I've been thinking about this for some time. I'm looking at this one: CLICKY

Just need to know what AN connectors for the G.  The cheaper units only come with barbed 3/8 connectors. Leaks anyone?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: How cold is too cold?   How cold is too cold? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:47 pm

That looks like it'll do the job. If you decide to order grab one for me too, send 'em down here and I'll make up hoses etc. and work out how and where to mount it. It would be nice to hide it inside the cooler housing on the GRiSO. The swap from metric to imperial fittings will be a pain but not insurmountable. I'm sure my local hose blokes will have everything we'll need.

Pete
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: How cold is too cold?   How cold is too cold? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:01 pm

Goodo. Shall I order them without fittings then?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: How cold is too cold?   How cold is too cold? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:14 pm

I can't make out whether the couplings that screw into the 'Stat itself are part of the deal or not? Looking at the pictures it would seem that the unit comes as a 'Kit' with the couplings and mount plates, (Which would be good as I'm thinking of bolting the 'Stat to the side of the sump spacer inside the cooler housing.). If it is solely the 'Stat itself then so be it. I'm sure we can get stainless fittings to do the job. The ones they supply look like anodised aluminium which would be nice and light but, well, we are puting them on GRiSO's! Scarcely a Moto GP bike in terms of featherweight lightness! Very Happy

Pete
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: How cold is too cold?   How cold is too cold? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:26 pm

The fittings are an extra $10 per 'stat. You can get -06AN, -08AN, -10AN, or -12AN fittings, which are equivalent to SAE 9/16-18, 3/4-16, 7/8-14 and 1-1/16 -12. The boss thread is -10AN or 3/4-16. If you can get couplings that will screw straight into the 'stat boss thread, then there's no need to order them.
The mount plates are included.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: How cold is too cold?   How cold is too cold? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:31 pm

Sounds like just stat then if it comes with mounting plates. Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: How cold is too cold?   How cold is too cold? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:50 pm

Ordered. Cleaned out my 'stuff for bike' account. cheers

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: How cold is too cold?   How cold is too cold? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:24 am

No worries, you have credit here, the fittings won't be cheap but they shouldn't be very expensive. I think I can get them in blue and red anodised as well so I can bling them up! cheers

Pete
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: How cold is too cold?   How cold is too cold? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:34 am

'Stat's shipped. cheers

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: How cold is too cold?   How cold is too cold? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:39 am

Woot!

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How cold is too cold?   How cold is too cold? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

How cold is too cold?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2