GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Lower Bars Needed

Go down 
+3
Lazlokovacs
beetle
leafman60
7 posters
AuthorMessage
leafman60
Carlotto
Carlotto
leafman60

Lower Bars Needed Empty
PostSubject: Lower Bars Needed   Lower Bars Needed Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:45 pm

Another handlebar thread- sorry.  

I've searched and read the several threads regarding bars, most of which seem to be oriented to raising the bars and getting greater pullback.  I'd like to lower mine dramatically ('16 1200SE) and I have picked up a few tips about doing that.  I notice that I have only about 1 inch clearance to the tank cover on my stock bars so to lower, I presume I'll need to reduce the pullback and hopefully gain enough clearance to drop dem bars maybe 2 inches. I've considered trying some drag bar versions but I don't want the ends turned up in a smiley look as was done by one of the previous posters.

In the past, I've spent hours reading spec sheets and making measurements when trying to do the same thing on other bikes.  I sure wish one of you guys would post up some details and pics of having done exactly what I want to do and saving me the trouble of all that effort.  I have a set of clubman bars in the parts stash, maybe even a set of those adjustable things.  Trouble is, I doubt they will be the fat clamp section and skinny grip section tapered bars of the GRiSO.

Are the stock bars 28.6/22 mm????

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Lower Bars Needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lower Bars Needed   Lower Bars Needed Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:12 pm

28mm in the middle, or whatever the fat bit is. 22 on the ends.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Lazlokovacs
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Lazlokovacs

Lower Bars Needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lower Bars Needed   Lower Bars Needed Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 21, 2022 1:00 am

I used 28mm to 22mm adapters from ebay.... I basically did the same thing as beetle and put Jota bars on mine. Very very close to perfect!
Back to top Go down
leafman60
Carlotto
Carlotto
leafman60

Lower Bars Needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lower Bars Needed   Lower Bars Needed Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:16 am

Yeah, technically I think it's 28.6 to 22 mm.  I'm looking at Clubman bars too. Rizoma has a set of non adjustable bars with the correct clamp size (28.6mm) and grip size (22mm), Rizoma Race Retro Handlebars.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Doc.
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Doc.

Lower Bars Needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lower Bars Needed   Lower Bars Needed Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:58 am

When I got a Magura 'Fat Bar' for my Stelvio, I found the Original Bar is slightly undersized at the Mounting Area, compared to the Aftermarket Bars (Renthal, Magura, Pro-Taper and others).
The Clamp probably would have bolted down onto them, but I didn't want to stress it.

I'm wondering if the GRiSO Clamp (and Bar) are the same size . . .
Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

Lower Bars Needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lower Bars Needed   Lower Bars Needed Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:19 pm

I put a Pro-Taper on my 1100 and there were no issues with mounting... Or possibly I am sufficiently dense that I didn't SEE any issues.
Back to top Go down
Doc.
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Doc.

Lower Bars Needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lower Bars Needed   Lower Bars Needed Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:41 am

It will be fairly obvious if it was like my Stelvio, the Magura Bars wouldn't sit down fully into the lower Clamp Fitting.
If you tried to put the Cap Fitting on, there would be quite a gap between the two.

Back to top Go down
LUCKY DAVE
Carlotto
Carlotto
LUCKY DAVE

Lower Bars Needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lower Bars Needed   Lower Bars Needed Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:55 pm

Rizoma #MA006B
Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

Lower Bars Needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lower Bars Needed   Lower Bars Needed Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:42 pm

LUCKY DAVE wrote:
Rizoma #MA006B
Nice price on those. One of the things I disliked about the ProTapers was the logo that I had to see during every ride.
Back to top Go down
Lazlokovacs
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Lazlokovacs

Lower Bars Needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lower Bars Needed   Lower Bars Needed Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 18, 2022 4:10 pm

me too. took me about 30 seconds to paint over it though!
Back to top Go down
tinker
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
tinker

Lower Bars Needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lower Bars Needed   Lower Bars Needed Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 11, 2023 10:08 am

Reviving an old thread. Does anyone have a link to some 28.6mm to 1” or 22mm reducers for the bars or does anyone know where I could get some Jota bars of 28.6mm diameter? I am finding I need quite a bit mor pullback on the outer ends and adjustable sounds ideal. Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lower Bars Needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lower Bars Needed   Lower Bars Needed Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Lower Bars Needed
Page 1 of 1